Making It Easier
It is really important that you read this page carefully. If you do not qualify for the Department of Work and Pensions payment then please call our partner, The Individual Funeral Company, on 01865 714130 to see how they can help you.
To get a Funeral Payment you must be responsible for the funeral and:
• claim in time
• get certain benefits or tax credits
• meet the rules on your relationship with the deceased
The rules are different if the person died outside the UK.
Rules On Your Relationship With The Deceased
You must be one of the following:
Benefits And Tax Credits
You (or your partner) must get one of:
• Income Support
• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Pension Credit
• Housing Benefit
• the disability or severe disability element of Working Tax Credit
• one of the extra elements of Child Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
How much you get also depends on any other money available, eg from an insurance policy or the deceased’s estate.
If there’s a close relative of the deceased who isn’t getting one of the qualifying benefits you may not be able to claim Funeral Payment.
Department Of Work And Pensions Websites
https://www.gov.uk/funeral-payments/overview Funeral payments
https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-payment Bereavement Payments
https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-allowance/eligibili... Widow’s pension
If you do not meet the criteria as specified by the Department of Work and Pensions, your claim will be rejected.
Coulbert Family Funerals Criteria
You must also meet Coulbert Family Funerals criteria too:
• person must have passed away in hospital
• you must have already started the claims process
• the total amount must be paid into our company bank account
• we must have the “green form” as soon as you have registered the death
Call 01865 238 308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org